|The back side of my December lesson.|
But it is the final challenge and to get all the way to the end and not finish, no. Not me. So I plunged in. At first I thought maybe I would increase the size of the bars that were to be filled. For instance, the first frame near the center is a half-inch! Surely I would need at least an inch in width to work that.
No. That will absolutely not do. I would do as her printouts indicated. I marked off two half-inch frames, two one-inch frames, and a two-inch frame and got to work.
Frame 1 and 3 have similar somewhat challenging shapes so that is probably why they are worked first. Of course, I enjoyed the free-form pebbles in the corner of frame 3! Back to frame 2, also enjoyable.
I liked making frame 4 much better than I thought I would and I found the corner pieces fun--kind of like ears of corn with shucks on each side. The last frame was going to be scary for me. Feathers, you know.
I marked carefully and began. I kept saying to myself, "They are just plume-y leaves." I saw a little improvement and was able to increase my speed. When I saw that I had room for another frame, I made a little narrow divider between the assignment and what I would do extra for my own satisfaction and drew out more feathers.
It was a real challenge but I am now even more confident with my feathers. In fact, I am now not afraid to use my machine to quilt and I might even do feathers.
|Front side of my December lesson|