2.2.14

I remember Sunday nights growing up. We usually had French toast or pancakes with bacon. I remember the syrup pitcher like it was yesterday. Once, my dad stuck his finger in the butter and rubbed it under the lip of the pitcher and said, "There, now it won't drip." Until not so many years ago, I thought it would work. Now, I see it was just a joke.
Sunday nights had special television programs. Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kindom, Lassie, The Wonderful World of Disney. I remember we were only allowed to see half of  Disney because it was an hour-long show, and it lasted half-an-hour later than our bedtime. School was the next day, you know. I am not sure, but I think I remember hearing the program called The FBI after we were put to bed. I am sure It was one of those shows we never saw, but only heard. Was it on Sunday night?

No comments: