5.25.14--Making Plans for Retreat 2014

Pieceful Mountain Quilt Guild has June Retreats. This year, I am taking two classes: Double Wedding Ring, and Strata Star. I expect both will be come small wall or table quilts.

I am afraid of the Double Wedding Ring class. Not because the piecing is going to be a challenge but because it uses fusible for some of the steps. I am not good with glue or fusible. I wrote the teacher and asked her if I could just sit out the fusible part and she said, "Of course!" 

I was relieved for about two days and then I thought maybe I was denying myself a learning opportunity. I am thinking about following the plan to use fusible. I think it is a small investment of fabric and a great chance to learn from someone with experience.
I do not have a photo of the fabrics I am using for Wedding Ring but I DO have the fabrics for Strata Star by designed by Ruthann Eckersley for Ruth's Machine Quilting .  




http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.com/2396/strata_star.jpg



Here is a picture from A Stitch In Time where you can order a kit. I looked at kits but decided to build my own kit. I had some ideas that require a different fabric collection. I spent an entire afternoon trying different combos of colors using my PAINT program on the computer. Nothing felt right and then I found orange, coral, and pink. Imagine that. I ordered what I wanted and then after I hit SUBMIT, I realized, once again, ORANGE.
She adores analogous colorways. 
 
I think I am starting to notice it even more since the shop hop. At the last store, I brought in some fabric to match I had bought at a previous store and saw my Tallahassee Quilty Friend, She noted that OF COURSE, I had bought fabric on the hop and OF COURSE, it is ORANGE. I am quite often predictable. 








1 comment:

Vickie said...

I love your orange fabrics ! It's happy and bright..