5.8.14 Why Do You Think This Costs LESS, USPS?

I have a Quilty Cousin in Falmouth, Maine.
I could drive there for a visit and it would take about 17-18 hours if I used a portable urine collection device, and packed hand-sanitizer as well as snacks. That's about 1136 miles, or for anyone in the universe who does not have a concept of miles, 1828.2 km

So, if I wanted to mail QC a
birthday package, I would expect to pay a little more to get it there a little sooner. What I sent is considered MEDIA, so I paid a little less with the expectation that it would travel a little longer, perhaps resting here and there along the Eastern Seaboard, maybe taking a train instead of flying.
Oh, General Sherman! How could you?

Imagine my surprise when I tracked that sucker to Memphis, Tennessee. First of all, I am only about 3 hours north of Atlanta--a logical staging area for all sorts of mail and packages. We have a ginormous airport, and for slower packages, we HAVE had rail service since Reconstruction.
Understandably, Atlanta is not for everyone. Chattanooga, Knoxville and Charlotte are all about the same distance from my post office. What I did NOT know is that QC's package would go on a grander journey. 

At the time of this writing, it is in Richmond, California. 
Yes. 
NOT Richmond, Virginia, but CALI BLEEPING FORNIA.

I can't wait to see where it goes next.

5.7.14 Edited to add:
Apparently it went to Bell Gardens, California.

Can you believe this? It stayed there until 2:02 a.m. on the day it was supposed to be delivered to QC. Which, if you did not know, is 93 hours away by car.
I don't care if tracking costs extra. I am getting so much entertainment value from this I will track my packages from now on.






No comments: