7.27.14--Look What I Can Do!

Look How Easily I can Make One on the Computer
I haven't actually done it but...

I just realized how much I like the look of the traditional LeMoyne Star block. 

I also remembered how difficult it was to make it the traditional way (last year's Audrey Hiers class. She taught it well, but I was fairly clumsy and need to find a better way). I did a quick little search and found a lot of ways to get the same effect, with probably less consternation.
Really Like it "ON POINT"--Must
Choose to Applique it

1. Piece it using half-square triangles like THIS on FaveQuilts.com
2. Draft a foundation paper from SeeHowWeSew, right here.
3. Skip the drafting and go right to a print ready template from api.ning.com, right here.
4. Instead of FPP, use EPP! Why didn't I think of that? I like English Paper Piecing very much. Messy Jesse has a tutorial for that but I didn't see any 8 point star diamonds but with a little research, I am sure I could go to my favorite FREE GRAPH PAPER GENERATOR and work something out. Or, I could go right back to SeeHowWeSew, right here, and learn to draft my own shapes.

No comments: