11.14.15


This is how I open a box. 

This is how I open every box. 

I try to use conventional, socially acceptable methods, but every box from lawn furniture to cereal gets this treatment if it refuses to cooperate.

I was fairly excited to find a bedside clock that I liked. I had browsed around online to see what was out there, but nothing caught my eye. You see, I have insomnia. When I wake up, I try NOT to look at my phone to see what time it is. I try NOT to get sucked into the internet vortex and all those blue light rays. Besides, everyone knows that's why you are supposed to buy a PaperWhite Kindle--so the blue light doesn't keep you awake.

So when I found this lovely little clock in my ACE Hardware, I plopped it into my basket. I THOUGHT it said SILENT. Do you see the words SILENT? No, nor do I. Must have been the ugly LED one next to it. tick..tick..tick..tick..tick..tick..tick..tick..

It DOES say luminous hands for night viewing. I expected to be able to use it that night, after popping in the battery. I forgot that in the "CLASSIC" style, the luminosity has to do with being exposed to light first.

Sweet Retro Design
The second night, I forgot that, too. But that's okay. I have a doctor who FINALLY listened to me about my insomnia. I have a new little aid to sleep. Yesterday marked the first time in 30+ years that I had two good nights of sleep in a row. I got so much done those two days! And today is another. I still wake up at 2 or 3 a.m., but I am not finished sleeping for the night! HOORAY! And tonight I will be able to see what time it is without knocking over my glasses, several books, and ripping the cell phone out of the wall because I forget it is charging.

Probably Poirot Approved
Of course, now that I have my perfect clock, I found another, perfecter one. 

If this had been in stock, I would have ordered it immediately. 

Then I would have one for the guest room.






1 comment:

WAZOO! Quilting said...

Je ne suis pas Poirot, mais j'aime cette horloge!! ha ha. I hate clocks with the lit up digital numbers. I keep mine face down on the table, and I also knock everything off trying to see what time it is in the middle of the night.Good luck with the sleep! I hear ya...